Home Buyers Surveys
The RICS Home Buyers Survey includes:
- An inspection of the property.
- A report based on the inspection.
A valuation and insurance reinstatement cost.
To help you to:-
- Make a reasoned and informed decision on whether to go ahead with buying the property.
- Take account of any repairs or replacements the property needs.
- Make an informed decision on what is a reasonable price to pay for the property.
- Consider what further advice you should take before exchanging contracts.
The report covers the inside and outside of all the accessible elements of the building and site, an overview of the services (specialist tests will not be carried out) and includes:-
- Details of the general condition and particular features of the property.
- Condition ratings for elements of the structure of the building, garages and permanent outbuildings, to further include below ground drainage and the roof void where accessible.
- Particular points you should refer to your legal advisers.
- Specific risks associated with the property.
Most properties constructed post 1900 are suitable for this service. However a building survey may be more appropriate, at an extra cost, which offers a more detailed assessment of the condition and construction of the property, in particular where the subject is in poor and badly maintained condition, together with a photographic record and estimate of repair costs, if required.
This service may be particularly helpful if the property is listed or in a conservation area.
To obtain a quotation and discuss your exact requirements, without obligation, please visit our contact page to get in touch.
This service includes a verbal report on the day of inspection, or as soon as possible after inspection, at your convenience.
Provision of a written report in hard copy or email format or both if required, together with a copy to your legal advisor if requested.
You are further welcome to discuss the contents of the report, on receipt of your copy if you require further advice or clarification of any comments made.
By instructing Vincent Steele Surveyors Ltd you will receive sound practical, competent advice and a personal service committed to the highest quality professionalism and integrity.
Additional Services Available:
- Help to Buy Valuations
- Valuations for probate purposes
- Valuations for securing lending
- Valuations for Capital Gains Tax and inheritance purposes
- Valuations for family matters (FPR Compliant)
- Expert witness reports (CPR Compliant)
- Residential Service Charge Management.
All of our surveys are fully compliant with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors regulations and we are fully insured.
For more information please contact us by calling 01246 435323 or 07971 415787.